HB377 Health Care Funding Amendments PASSED!
HB377 Health Care Funding Amendments
Bill sponsor: Representative Mark Strong
Floor sponsor: Senator Deidre Henderson
Link to the bill: https://le.utah.gov/~2020/bills/static/HB0377.html
HB377 ensures Title X (family planning) funds are used in accordance with Utah pro-life and pro-family values.
- Title X is a federally funded family planning program.
- Planned Parenthood has been the sole recipient of title X funds since the 1980s and has been receiving 2.2 million dollars annually until August of 2019.
- The Trump administration made changes to the title X regulations that required separation abortion facilities and Title X recipients in prohibited referrals for abortion
- There are no Title X funds coming to Utah at this time HB377 would allow these funds to come to Utah and be used in ways that are in line with Utah values .
- Title X funds would prioritize sub grantees that also provide prenatal and postnatal care, support for a woman to carry a pregnancy to term and emphasize the health and viability of the fetus.