Utah Health Departments:
Each county in the state of Utah has an individual health department. I have listed some links for the health departments of Salt Lake County, Utah County, Summit County, etc. If your county is not on this list simply type in your county and the words health department to find your local office.
These local health departments offer many services on a sliding scale based on income. Some of the services are (all may not be available in every county and some may have many more options):
- birth control
- STD testing
- breast and cervical cancer screenings
- BeWise program: which offers women ages 4064 breast and cervical screenings, mammogram referrals, cholesterol and blood pressure testing, etc.
- Baby Your Baby program: helps women to receive prenatal care and assistance for getting on Medicaid. For more information visit the website or call the hotline.
- http://www.babyyourbaby.org/aboutus/hotline.php Hotline (18008269662)
Utah Aids Foundation:
While the Utah Aids Foundation my not be a pregnancy resource I thought it was worth adding because of the service it performs in Utah.
- free HIV testing for those who have engaged in risky sexual activity within the past 12 months
- Syphilis $10 test
- Hepatitis C $20 test
- Chlamydia or Gonorrhea $25 test